Last week, I set out some goals for the coming period, and I have achieved some of them, in part. A more important outcome of the past week is that I am getting actionable "data." I can now make a proper plan.
As I started digging into plant data on the web, I found that there wasn't any API that gave me what I needed. But that was only a problem because I made it one. Here's part two of the journey to build my own (virtual) gardening tool, where I strip it all down to basics. We iterate for a reason!
As a passionate gardener who just got her first garden in over 20 years, I was happy to start digging and get dirty. But, like when you build software, when building a garden, you need a plan. You must find solutions for all kinds of problems. The www is poor in terms of free garden planning solutions.